Scanova QR Code Generator provides detailed scan analytics data (accessible via Dashboard > Analytics). However, at times, Scanova users want to view the analytics data in their existing analytics or business intelligence tool rather than within Scanova.
To make this possible, Scanova provides an analytics integration feature called 'Webhooks'.
A web application implementing Webhooks will POST a message to a URL when certain things happen. In this case, the certain thing is 'a scan on a Dynamic QR Code'.
When a Dynamic QR Code is scanned, Scanova QR Code Generator gets relevant data attached to the scan such as the following:
- Tracking ID (Unique ID of scan)
- IP Address
- Is From QR Scan (Data from QR Code or URL)
- URL Hash (Hash of Dynamic QR Code URL)
- QR Code Name
- Browser Family
- Browser Version
- Device Family
- Device Type
- OS Family
- OS Version
- Address (if GPS location tracking is enabled)
- Area Code (if GPS location tracking is enabled)
- Country Code
- Continent Code
- Latitude (if GPS location tracking is enabled)
- Longitude (if GPS location tracking is enabled)
- Postal Code (if GPS location tracking is enabled)
- Region (if GPS location tracking is enabled)
- Exact GPS (User permission)
- User Agent
Using Webhooks integration, a Scanova user can POST this scan tracking data to a URL in JSON format, whenever a Dynamic QR Code gets a scan. This URL or 'catch hook' is usually provided by an integrations service provider such as Zapier.
When a QR Code is scanned, the tracking data (in JSON) will be sent to Zapier. Using Zapier, you can then send this data to any compatible app such as Google Sheets, Kissmetrics, Slack, etc.
Hope this helps. If you still have questions, you can reach out to our support team at [email protected]